Welcome to the STAR Community Justice Center located in Franklin Furnace, Ohio.
The STAR Community Justice Center is a 250 bed American Correctional Association (ACA) accredited male and female Community Based Correctional Facility (CBCF) and one of nineteen such facilities in the State of Ohio.
A Community Based Correctional Facility is a local alternative to prison with the primary purpose of rehabilitation of non-violent, felony offenders in the nine primary counties that STAR serves.
Notice of Public Meeting
STAR Judicial Advisory Board Special Meeting
November 20th, 2017 @ 3:00pm
~ At The ~
Ohio River Valley Corrections Center
4696 Gallia Pike, Franklin Furnace
(Pull upfront and you will be greeted at the door)
- Roll call & call to order
- Verification of publication of meeting announcement
- Judge Spencer’s resignation as JAB Chair/Judge Gusweiler as new JAB Chair (handout)
- Introduction of Tim Throckmorton, FGB Chair
- Approval of the revised May 12th, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes (handout) – Motion
- Approval of the September 8th, 2017 Special Meeting Minutes (handout) – Motion
- Approval of revised JAB Bylaws from Sept. 8th Special Meeting (handout) – Motion
- Approval of appointment by Judge Rudduck (Clinton Co. Common Pleas Court) of Stephanie Blust, Clinton County Adult Chief Probation Officer/ISP Director to the STAR Facility Governing Board for a term of two years. The term for Ms. Blust will start on 11/20/17 and expire on 11/20/19 – Motion
- County commissioner appointments to the STAR Facility Governing Board from Lawrence, Ross and Scioto (handout)
- Discussion on the future use of the Liberation building on STAR’s campus
- Discussion on STAR’s waiting list and possible solutions – SEPTA CBCF
- Public comment
- Next meeting date/location –
- Adjourn – Motion