The STAR Community Justice Center is under the supervision of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction and is a state-funded correctional facility thus the same rules apply for contraband as if visiting a county jail or prison.
Residents will only be able to receive clothing one time after their initial intake. All hygiene items will be provided at the Resident’s own expense from the STAR Community Justice Center commissary. Any personal hygiene items brought into the facility by a family member will be turned away.
Any property mailed to the facility must be sent to the following address and include an itemized inventory of all contents:
4696 Gallia Pike
Franklin Furnace, OH 45629
If property is dropped off in-person, be advised you will have to fill out an itemized inventory on STAR’s form. This process can take up to 30 minutes depending on how much property is brought in.
For your convenience, you can print off and fill out the Inbound Property Inventory form and bring it with you by clicking here.
Permitted Clothing Items for Residents
(4) Dress Pants, Slacks, Jeans (total of 4)
(2) Pairs of shorts (knee length, no boxers)
(6) T-Shirts/undershirts (no profanity, alcohol, drug related logos)
(10) Pairs of plain regular underwear (no thongs, G-strings, bikinis, glitter, lace, etc.)
(6) Pairs Socks total
(2) Sweaters/Sweatshirts/Hoodie (only 2 total, only one article may be hooded-hood may not be worn indoors)
(1) Pair Gloves (work)
(1) Winter Coat (hood not permitted to be worn indoors)
(2) Pair Thermal Long Underwear*
(1) Hat/Knit Cap (no skull caps)*
(3) Pairs of shoes (tennis shoes, boots, shower shoes (no high heels, or steel toes)
(1) Wallet (with ID, social security card, birth certificate)
Additional Items for Women: (3) Bras (no underwire, lace glitter, etc)
* The need for some of these items will depend on the season
Alcohol/drug related, profane, or un pro-social markings on garments are not permitted. Tobacco products are contraband and will not be accepted. Persons delivering or attempting to deliver contraband will be prosecuted.
Staff will examine all items for appropriateness and will have the final say in what is deemed appropriate.